Pregnancy ticker/back ground

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Labor & Delivery

So, I ended up calling my doctor around 9:00am yesterday. This pain and nausea would not go away. Of course the doctor did not come in until 11 but the nurse said go home, rest and they will call me back. It was almost 2 when they called back and said they were completely booked, but go to hospital if it does not go away.

I went ahead and called Labor & Delivery and told them my symptoms and said just come in for a quick evaluation. Baby was PERFECT. She was worried possibly something was wrong with my placenta but after he had a perfect heart beat for 2 and a half hours, she ruled that out. After a pelvic exam - which was nearly impossible because his head was so low (I warned the nurse but she didn't believe me until she saw it for herself!) we discovered I am starting to dialate and having contractions, but nothing too regular yet.

She said some women can stay at 1cm for weeks but does not think that will be the case for me. Since baby is so low, his head is literally resting on my cervix. My nurse said this should cause me to dialate much quicker than most women. The nausea is my body getting ready for go time (I have also had it all morning - yuck)

Good news - I am not on bed rest. I am allowed to work since I am at a desk all day and other than that, I am not allowed to do anything else for these next 2 weeks (hoping he stays in that long) Adam won't let me do laundry, dishes or anything. I guess I will use that to my advantage ;) I wonder if he will clean the bathrooms for me this weekend. Wishful thinking right?

Nurse said be sure to put our hospital bags in the car and leave them there since we do not know how quickly I will dialate. Yikes - he's a coming!

In other excited news - our next door neighbors Amber and John welcomed their baby boy to the world yesterday!! I can't wait to meet baby John! She walked for 2 hours on Sunday around the mall and walked Roxie (their dog) that night and went into labor the next day! 2 weeks from this Thursday that will be us. I already told hubby to get off early because we are doing nothing but walking, walking and walking!

We will have TONS of baby's on our street! Hubby's highschool friend Chris and his wife on our street our expecting in September, the couple that is building next to John and Amber are due in June, we are due (anytime now) Amber had baby J yesterday, and I met a neighbor Sunday who is 3 months pregnant! Lazy Cove Lane is baby mania. Don't drink the water! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment