Day 1 of maternity leave...
My friend Amanda posted a blog a few days ago (She has been on bed rest for forever!) and said to get in a routine to keep yourself busy! I'm working on getting a routine set today. I almost got up and got ready for work to give me something to do. I woke up at 6:30, caught up on my news, 7:30 the hubby called like he does every day, let the pups out, put the dishes away from last night, going to catch up on some shows, get some laundry done,take a shower, make a run to HEB to stock up on some more tums (Yes hurt burn is still kicking my butt!!!), Collace (for after when baby comes and evening primrose oil to help soften my cervix - doc says it is A OKAY to use! :) then decide on what to cook for dinner! Also thinking about getting a new book on my Kindle but not sure what to read! After I finshied 50 shades I tried to start The Lucky One but just could not get into it!
I can't wait until my baby boy is here to help keep me busy! I also can't want to find a mommy me group and have tons of play dates with Kristin, Amber, Cindi, Ashlyn and Amanda! Another thing I want to start to doing is taking baby to Katy Mills maybe every other morning and do 2-3 laps around the mall (We have so much new construction going on in our neighborhood, unfinished side walks, lots of dirt and construction workers and it will be too hot!) But won't I be working? Well.. we almost 99% sure I will be staying at home. I still have not made my decision. We are going to see how it goes once little man is here and how much we can budget. I also have to learn how to cook dinner and finish my degree and would start school after Christmas! I guess I will enjoy my downtime now because we have a BIG year ahead of us! I also need to start planning our first family vacation to Corpus Christi for my brother's wedding! Adam and I will both be in the wedding so I need to find a family member to sit in the back with Bennett incase he is not too cooperative :) Adam wants to stay a few days longer and get some hunting time in. We will see!
In baby news, contractions kicked back up last night. This morning I am having lots of cramping - could be from exam yesterday. Adam's estimated day of delivery is tomorrow with me going into labor tonight... we will see! So here is to my official day 1 of leave! If he is not here before - 2 weeks from tonight we will be on our way to the hospital to have the baby!!!!!!!!!!!
Books- I couldn't get into The Lucky One either, although all my friends swear by it. Sarah's Key is really good but a tearjerker. I'm working on A Discovery of Witches right now which I've heard wonderful things about.
ReplyDeleteHope y'all can work it out so you can stay home and we can have play dates! The mall (especially the AC!) sounds perfect!
I will look them up!! Day 1 of my routine didn't go so well! I already took a 3 hour nap! lol
ReplyDelete