Pregnancy ticker/back ground

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Monday, January 2, 2012

2011 Recap!

It has been an AMAZING YEAR and hate to see it come to an end but I know 2012 we will be even better!


Spring 2011 -
Our last minute girls trip to L'auberge Du Lac - didn't win a whole lot but we had a BLAST

I was expecting a not so nice hotel but it was lovely and had a "lodge" atmosphere!

Summer 2011 - We usually plan our annual summer trip to Midland but this one unfortantely was not so great. Adam's grandfather fell really ill and his family brought him from his home in Uvalde, TX to Midland for better care. We went to Midland in May and visited him and surprisngly he was doing really well. 3 weels later he took a turn for the worst. We rushed to Midland and was fortunate enough to see him before he passed. June 11, 2011 was the day we lost him. RIP PawPaw. You are greatly missed!

Only photo I took in Midland - It was MISERABLY HOT!

I saw Boston was playing the astros when the 2011 was announced and bought 2 tickets to the game the first day they went on sale. Boston is Adam's favorite team and he was so excited to finally get to see them play! We had a blast at the game!

June 2011 - we knew it was time to get out of of neighborhood ASAP. It was going down hill and just did not feel safe there anymore. We found a perfect home, and it ended up being a short sale. We put an offer on the home and waited a month and a half with still no answer from seller's bank. We decided to pull out of the deal, but we liked the neighborhood so much we decided we could afford to build a home the way we want! Turns out we both have several friends who live there and love the community! It is all a younger crowd with expanding families. Our home will be ready to move in approximately 4 days!


Fall 2011 - BUSY! This past summer we saw an AWESOME roundtrip promotion from Southwest Airlines and had to book a trip to Vegas. We had been talking and talking about going and thought it would be the perfect time. We went with my sister in laws, brother in law, Adam's aunt and some family friends. We had a great time (other than me finding out I was pregnant just a few weeks before our trip)

Vegas was great, we saw everything and did lots and lots of walking. I was seriously in bed by 10 every night with my first trimester hitting me full force.




With it being Fall we got back in the swing of having football parties! Even though Texas did not have a so great season, we had a blast having everyone over :)


Halloween - we had our nieces this Halloween - Here is Mad Hatter and a "Girly" Pirate :)


Wedding festivities began for Tiffany - We attended two showers and had a pregnant friendly bachelorette party for her!


Bachelorette party at Pinot's Palette - we had a blast!


And the best for last... WE FINALLY GOT PREGNANT! March we decided to start trying. I had apps on my phone to tell me when I am ovulating then come May, we found out I needed surgery on my cervix. We were devasted! The rare side effects of my procedure are infertility and pre term labor. We were not able to try to convince until middle of June. We were starting to lose hope when Adam told me I needed to take a test in October. I was in shock he thought I was pregnant - I did not think so what so ever! Finally bought a test and it was negative. Took another one the next day and it was positive. I went to the store and seriously bought every brand of tests and all were positive! Baby Painter will be here June 14th, 2011. Just a little over 5 months to go - almost half way there!



2012 will be a great year!! We had a great New Years with just me, Adam and Chad. We blew up the street with fireworks and watched Dick Clark's NYE. Quiet and relaxing - just like I like it! After 2 straight days of packing... we are done! We are getting rid of our washer and dryer today and need to paint some touch ups on our home, but other than that... no more! We close Friday afternoon! I shut off our ATT today so we will be without TV/Internet for a few days but we will manage. I still have my last of Mockingjay to read.

Also, New Years Eve afternoon at 2:19pm, weighing in at 6lbs 7oz, Ainsley Neal Fields arrived! We are so happy for Greg and Ashley! She is gorgeous! We were starting to get a little worried. The doctors prodded her cervix on Friday hoping to jump start things and she had her next appointment next Thursday to induce. Well, Saturday at 12:00am she went into labor and headed to the hospital to find out Ainsley had turned sideways. After several hours, Ainsley finally moved into head down position and once Ashley was fully dilated, she was here within the hour!

No comments:

Post a Comment