Pregnancy ticker/back ground

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Wednesday, August 22, 2012

My baby necessities!!

 
A few of my friends did this and I think it is a great way to remember all the little things that have been amazing throughout these first few months of Bennett's life!
 
 
My aunt got Bennett the Cloud B sleep sheep! I LOVE IT. The rain and ocean waves put Bennett to sleep for every nap and bed time. When he moves into his own room, mama is going to have to get her own. ;)

I LOVE our stroller and carrier. It is so easy to just snap in and go. The stroller collapes with just one pull and is pretty light weight!

The stroller also converts to a toddler stroller. It is great and very mobile! Bennett and I took a second walk with it this morning and it did great!

Kind of blurry, but this play mat has given Bennett hours of play time. He loves the toys, kicking the keyboard and making music, and LOVES the mirror in the middle of the hanging toys. He could sit and stare at himself for the longest time!

The mombo has been our life savior. I forgot I had it and had it in Bennett's crib so we just recently started sitting Bennett up on it. It has a soft vibration and Bennett loves laying in it

Bennett had REALLY dry skin during the first few weeks at life so we had to stick to only Aveeno baby lotion. Now his skin is great and I have started lathering him down with this every night before putting him in his pj's. He LOVES his baby massage and the smell of the lotion calms him down.

The tummy time bobby has almo been amazing. After 1 month, Bennett learned to roll over during tummy time making it impossible for him to do 30 minutes of tummy time a day. This holds him up in place and he can't roll over... he still hates tummy time and usually cries his eyes out. I have started breaking tummy time up into 3 10 minute sessions

Twilight turtle... LOVE. When we put Bennett to bed he will spend about 15 minutes just staring at the stars on the ceiling and eventually go to sleep.
 
Since having to switch to formula, these tommee tippee dispensers have been great for on the go trips. You can put the amount of water in the bottle, put the amount of formula in dispenser, place in bottle and your good to go! When it's time to feed, just dump formula, shake and your good to go! I do this every night before bed and get Bennett's 5:00am bottle ready. The second he makes a peep, I jump up shake his bottle and he is usually back to bed within 15 minutes. :)
 
 
 
My medela pump in style was amazing. I was not able to produce enough milk and Bennett just could not latch on. Before my milk dried up, I was able to get 1-2 bottles of milk for about a month. I like to tell myself that it helped!
 
Some other things that were great - zip up pajama's with built in mittens. Bennett LOVED to scratch his face during the first 2 months and would always get his mittens off. This onsies helped out a lot and made diaper changes in the middle of the night a breeze.
 
Also, we bought a $40 ear thermometer and when Bennett got his first fever, his ears were too small to get an acurate temp and it was a pain in the butt to use. I ended up buying a $5 rectal, mouth and under arm thermometer and it works great.
 
I have also learned that I cannot have too many burp rags and wash cloths!!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment