Pregnancy ticker/back ground

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Monday, August 20, 2012

Drooling, Tear Ducts and Burps!

Last week Bennett started having a little bit of spit bubbles. This week we have a full blown drooling baby! This usually starts around 3 months, so I am thinking we may hit teething a wee bit before 6 months - yikes!

Tear ducts - mid last week I noticed Bennett having a lot more "sleepies" in one eye. I didn't think anything of it. Friday night, baby boy had tears rolling down his left eye but was happy as a clam. I jumped on my computer and searched "watery eyes" in babies and found an apparently common problem - clogged tear ducts!! There is no medication, usually stops by 9 months of age. It can persist longer and that is when you can choose to do surgery to unclog it. I found a simple eye massage to do 2 times a day to unclog it and keep it clean!! Saturday morning baby's eye was completely sealed shut. Ugh! I know it hurt me a lot more than it did him! Finally after keeping up with the massages Saturday and Sunday morning his eye is unclogged! Woohoo! I was going to call the doctor first thing this morning if it persisted. 

Now onto burping - this seems to be the only time Bennett cries, cries and cries. About a week ago we noticed when feeding him, the second you take the bottle away he starts this blood curdling scream. Bennett has NEVER cried like this. It usually takes 45 minutes between me and Adam passing him back and forth and burping him over the shoulder, on his tummy and slumped over our legs to get his burp out. It is MISERABLE! Poor baby, I know it hurts him so bad :( I have found that some babies are just super sensitive to burps and others are not. Bennett must be super super sensitive. It has made for some long nights/early mornings that is for sure.

Other than that we had a great weekend!! Bennett attended his first birthday party! Baby Brynn turned 1!! We had a great time, other than it being soooo hot outside. Bennett had to go inside after awhile. He missed his nap time so we had a tired fussy baby Saturday night. Yesterday we just did stuff around the house and played with Bennett. Adam is now gone until Friday :( So it's just me and baby b this week! If I can find the allen wrench for his crib... I am going to raise his crib and start the transition of baby into his room :( I get anxiety just thinking about it. We are going to start with just napping in there this week and see how it goes. If he is not ready, I am completely okay with it :) I read most parents sleep less when baby is in their own room because they have the monitor on full blast waiting to hear every sound. This will definitely be me. Thank god for our summer infant camera system. It is my must haves and use it everytime Bennett is down for a nap or down for the night!

Bennett with Daddy at his first birthday party!

Baby Brynn!! I am not going to lie, after holding her I think I want a baby girl next :)

Saturday was my brother's 27th birthday! We framed this photo I took a few weeks ago and sent it to him. He LOVED it

Friday night it was cool enough to take Bennett on his first walk! He was screaming his eyes out when we put him in his carrier, and within 2 seconds of starting our walk he was passed out

Daddy Bennett and Sasha

This was about 3 weeks ago but Bennett's facial expression is priceless!! One of his new nicknames is Puglsey from the Addams Family! lol

Aunt Mechel got Bennett these boots before he was born. They are still way too big, but just had to put them on him with his denim overalls. Priceless!

No comments:

Post a Comment