Went horrible! I didn't think baby would have to get a shot and he did :( I got them there by myself a-okay. He was awake and great the whole time. He weighed in at 9lbs 1oz and 22 inches long! The doctor is so happy with his weight gain! Only positive to not being able to breast feed - he officially doesn't need to take that yucky polyvisol any more! I hated giving him that stuff, it smelled and looked awful! Baby boy kicked the nurses paperwork off the table and then peed all over the table and walls lol Shows them right for giving him a shot!
He was great..until he got his part 2 of Hep B shot :( He screamed and cried, finally fell alseep on our way home and took a good hour nap. When he woke up at 2:30 - it was constant screaming until 11:00pm last night. He had a slight fever so he had to get some infant ibuprofen - it was berry flavored and the second it hit his tongue he smiled! lol I guess that was a nice change from having formula every day. His fever had gone down by 10:00 last night but still had a screaming baby. Nothing would calm him down. He slept from 11:00pm - 4:10am - fed and went right back down at 4:45am and he is still alseep now (9:00am) I can't think of the last time I got 8 hours of sleep. I feel great! He doesn't feel warm this morning so I am positive fever is gone. I told Adam he will need to take off in August for our 2 month check up - I can't take him getting his shots :(
Baby B has also started getting a little Cradle Cap. I didn't notice it until after his 4 baths the other night so now have been putting baby oil and massaging his scalp. Let that sit for 15 minutes. Brush, brush and brush his hair then rinse. It seems to be helping out a lot!! He is also... losing his hair!! Only on the top and top left and right sides - Doctor said he is right on track with his hair falling out and it typically starts at 1 month. He has a full set of hair on his back side so we say he has a mullet - buisness in the front, party in the back ;)
Since I last posted, we never made it to Bob and Megan's on Sunday but we did make a trip to Home Depot and Petsmart. Little man was awake for Petsmart, but by the time we got to Home Depot - he slept until we got home. We will hopefully get over to see Bob and Megan's new house tomorrow morning! I can't wait to put baby B in his 4th of July outfits! :) - Yes he has 2 - one from Uncle Christopher and Aunt Krystal and another one from Granma Debbie!
On another note, Aunt Mechel has off today so she will be by later and we are so happy Daddy gets a day off tomorrow to spend with us!!! Hope everyone has a great and safe holiday!! Hope the fireworks won't be too loud tomorrow night and keep who know who up all night!
Poor Baby B- infant fevers can be so scary. I'm so glad Bennett is okay. I think those shots are harder for mommy than baby!
ReplyDeleteI agree!! Doctor warned us that Hep B can make them have fevers, I just didn't think he would get one!
ReplyDelete