Life has been insane this past week. Friday my dad had his broncoscopy and we are almost positive he does not have cancer! The mass was scar tissue! I believe the stress from his procedure weighed hard on his body and Friday night he could not breathe. After 45 minutes of him not being able to breathe, I left Bennett with daddy and headed to my moms. As soon as I saw how bad of shape my dad was in, I called 911 immediately. The paramedics were there within 2 minutes. He was having a really bad panic attack (since he couldn't breathe) and was terrified if the paramedics moved him to the gurny (sp?) he would die. After 30 minutes of reassuring him he would be okay, he finally let them carry him to the gurny. It was off to the ER we went. They put him in ICU around 3:00am Friday night. He was finally moved down to a regular room Saturday around 9:00pm.
Then, we discovered he tested positive for a really bad illness. They immediately put him in isolation. Bennett, myself and my mother had to get tested and meet with Harris County Health and Human Services (the hospital had to report the positive test to the county) We met with the health official again yesterday and we were all 3 negative! I was not allowed to go to work and Bennett was not allowed to go to daycare until we received our results. I have been working from home with a 7 month old. A lot harder than I thought it would be!
They did 2 mucus tests on my dad (another way to test for this illness) and the first one was negative!! We are still waiting on the second one and they are also doing a culture which will be the true test to determine if he really does have it. Until then, he is on a handful of antibiotics and harris county has to come my moms house every day to administer the medicine for 14 days. Usually 2 weeks on antibiotics this illness is not contagious anymore.
Needless to say, Bennett and I will be staying away from Nana and Papa's until we figure out what is wrong with him. If all these tests are negative, then he still will have to back to the infectious disease doctor to determine what he has.
Since Bennett has been in contact with my dad he will have to get a chest x-ray which is required from Harris County for any children who have been exposed under the age of four (yes, even if his test was negative)
Could use some prayers that my dad does not have this illness and Bennett can go back to seeing Nana and Papa soon :( It has been a LONG week!
No comments:
Post a Comment